At Explore Schools, our mission is to provide our students with the academic skills and critical-thinking abilities they need to succeed in a college-preparatory high school.
We determine our students’ success through many measures:
High school placement and alumni
- 100% of students in Explore’s Class of 2014 were accepted to college-preparatory high schools.
- 89% of Explore 8th graders were accepted to one of their top 3 high school choices in 2014.
- Explore’s Class of 2014 was awarded more than $200,000 in scholarships to the city’s top high schools.
- Explore alumni are 62% more likely to graduate from high school on time than their peers.
State Assessment Results
- Our schools have outperformed the state average in math on the New York State assessment for the past six years.
- Last year, our schools had 13% more students meet proficiency in math than schools across New York State. Our schools also outperformed all NYC schools by 11 points, and schools in the districts where we operate by 23 points.
- Our schools have outperformed our co-located schools in ELA for the past four years.