Come visit us and learn more about our school. Call the main office today to schedule a tour or just stop by and talk with our staff members!
Excel Charter School is currently accepting Kindergarten lottery applications for the 2017-2018 school year. After the lottery, we will accept waitlist applications and enroll on a first-come, first-serve basis as seats open up.
To apply to our waitlist:
- Fill out a waitlist application online or download one (Spanish and Haitian Creole available) and send it to us – your child will be added to our waitlist.
- We’ll call you when a spot becomes available in your child’s grade.
- We fill open spots on a first-come, first-serve basis, so apply today!
- It’s free to apply to Excel and free to attend.
Kindergarten Lottery Information: Kindergarten enrollment is done primarily through a lottery in April of the year before enrollment. Additional applicants can apply to our waitlist. We enroll from our waitlist as spots become available. Kindergarten lottery applications for the 2017-18 school year will be available by January. If your child will turn 5 at any time during 2017, he/she is eligible to apply for our lottery. Please see below for additional information on our lottery:
- Kindergarten Lottery Applications will be available by January.
- In April, we’ll hold our lottery – names are chosen at random in your lottery, though we do give preferences to siblings of current students, residents of Community District 18, and English Language Learners. You can read more about our preferences and our lottery here.
- Students who are not accepted via the lottery will be automatically added to our waitlist.
- Lottery applications are due April 1 at 5pm – applications received after the deadline will be added to our waitlist.